Sunday, December 07, 2008

Something new

I'm a little short on time to do my Sunday window shopping post today (boo!) but I thought I'd show you what I made this weekend. I guess I was feeling Christmassy when I made up these holly ornaments.


The leaves are reclaimed leather from a thrifted coat. They're a wonderful aged green, and I did a little bit of machine embellishment on them. The berries are vintage buttons from my collection, in a mix of red and gold. I had a hard time letting a few of these go, but they looked so right on the ornament that I eventually convinced myself to give them up. I sewed these ornaments together, without glue, so as not to damage the buttons. The hanging loop is a narrow length of red satin ribbon.


They're a new venture for me, and one I'll likely try again. I hope you like.

holly by golly - ornaments of reclaimed materials - set of 3

8 comments:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Oooh, I do like!! I had to chuckle about the buttons...I have the same problem. They are the perfect choice, so it's worth it!
Smiles, Karen

ZenCrafter said...

Oh yes I do like them!! I hope you make more!

tiziana boccaletti said...

Hi there Lisa,
any chance of special ordering some? I know you're taking care of the most special orders but...oh well, just dreaming here...
I love them...they are so you:)
love
tizi

Michelle Brunner said...

I love these! Very festive and cute! They would look so pretty on a tree:)

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

Oooh Lisa, they're so gorgeous, and made with such care, it does show ! :) I love them to bits. You've done it again ... genius you !
I hope you're doing fine, my friend. Do take care ! xoxox big hugs

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

These look great! I love that leather. And the thick thread you used for the embroidery.

t does wool said...

lovely idea,festive and gorgeous!!!

Katy said...

These are beautiful, i will be linking to these on my blog in the next few days!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails