Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Penny Rug Bouquet




I snuck some time today to finish a project that I have been dabbling with and I was so excited that I had to post about it.

I've made a little bouquet inspired by penny rugs. I've used scraps of wool that I had felted from sweaters and coats, and tiny glass vintage buttons to create circular flowers. I attached them to floral wire so they can be arranged at will. I covered the back of each flower with black felt (also from garments) to cover the stitching and polish it off.






The circle is a shape that is pleasing to my eye and I'm digging the color combos on this piece, they're natural but kind of punchy too. I'm happy with how it turned out now that it's finally done. Stitching is a soothing activity for me, and this bouquet represents several weeks worth of relaxation time for me. I hope those peaceful, happy vibes stay with the bouquet, wherever it ends up.

13 comments:

WoolPets said...

Beautiful!

Vintage Tracy said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors! Perfect for a fall-feeling day like today!

Beedeebabee said...

Hi there! Lovely blog, and you make really beautiful things! These are so pretty, and your little acorns are adorable! I'm a felt girl myself, it's such a fun material to work with! :o) Paulette

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Last time I was at Greenfield Village I admired a full penny carpet! I love this motif.

Maria Dent said...

This is unique and wonderful!

Colleen MacKinnon; Penny Rugs and More said...

Penny rug love, perfection! gee, what am I going to add to my very long list of things to do! I love your fleurs. May I post a link to them on my blog?

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Thank you, woolpets!

Pumpkin - what is with this MN weather?

beedeebabee - your pins are stunning! So much detail.

Brittany - I'm sort of halfway working on a floor rug for our house in this vein, but in squares instead of circles. I should be done sometime in the next 10 years or so. :D

Maria - thank you so much!

Rag-a-Muffin - thank you so much! You have one of those long lists too, huh? :D Yes, feel free to post a link. Thanks!

Cheryl Patterson said...

This is wonderful, I love it!

Tumus said...

OOOOO I really love this it's so very charming ^_^ I've been working on penny run stuff lately it seems too! Not a rug but defintely a table runner of sorts :)

Anonymous said...

That is perfection!

Mary said...

So sweet! I love it!

Maggie Mae said...

This makes me smile.

Unknown said...

These are perfect! I have featured them in my fall crafts post: http://abusylittlebird.com/12-favorite-craft-ideas-for-fall/ Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails