Thursday, October 01, 2009

Checking in on the Acorn Rainbow - October 2009


A month ago I started my little acorn project. I made a small offering upon a moss-covered oak stump in order to watch its progress. I checked in on my little circular rainbow of wool acorns on this rainy October morning and saw more change than I had expected.



I'm not sure what has been moving the acorns, likely a squirrel or other nosy-body animal, but I'm curious how they managed to arrange the acorns in a line. I'm also curious whether they've eaten the blue and yellow acorns or if they're lining a nest somewhere. Maybe they were hauled off by a curious furry visitor who just had to show his friends what he found in the woods today. "Dude! Check this thing out."


The orange acorn appeared to have tumbled off the edge of the stump and lays partially covered by moss and leaves but the yellow and blue are nowhere to be seen.



I can't wait to see how this progresses.


See you in a month, little acorns.

3 comments:

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

I love this project, Lisa. It's like a science experiment! Very interesting that they're all in a line...

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

There is something so charming about this. Thanks for sharing.

Marchi Wierson said...

very amusing. some birds like crows love colors in their nest.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails