Tuesday, November 22, 2011

dress-making or dress-tweaking maybe


A new project landed in my lap yesterday. 

My daughter and I were in one of the thrift shops in town looking for her holiday dress.  When she saw this one she gasped and declared this dress her "faaaavorite" and hugged it.  As luck would have it, it fit her perfectly, and the overall shape is cute.  The velvet is bright red and the top is white with a little line of faux pearls at the neck.  With a little tweaking it will be super sweet (I'm hoping anyway).  I'll be working on this in the next few weeks and I'll be back to show you more later.  A hint at what I'll be doing though, involves one of Nini's embroidery patterns (and btw, aren't her patterns adorable?  You can have any one of them with your choice of donation on her site, so check it out).

Last year I re-fashioned her dress from a garage sale find and an antique lace collar.  This too was velvet.  The girl has a thing for velvet.


Now I'm thinking that I need to make her a black Elvis on velvet dress.  I'll save that project for another day though.  Thank ya, uh thank ya very much.

What's on your plate today?


6 comments:

Terriea Kwong said...

Would love to see how it turned out. You're always creative. Your gorgeous has a sweet taste. I've made woolly vests.

Nima said...

wow...that's gorgeous

lynn bowes said...

omg, a black velvet elvis dress. Oh yes, I shall forevermore be on the lookout for a black velvet elvis that you can turn into a rockin' dress for her!

joanie said...

Awww, I remember that gorgeous dress from last year. I can't wait to see what you cook up this year, love the velvet. Thanks for the sweetness, you're too kind my friend. Jx

Tara said...

The girl has good taste. Who wouldn't want to be swathed in velvet? Can't wait to see the dress after a little Lisa tweaking.

Kelly Casanova said...

Absolutely love the dresses, I would never find something so beautiful in the thrift shops here, they are sorely lacking unfortunately!
Wanted to let you know, my Flickr blog post in which you're featured is live today :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails