Tuesday, March 27, 2012

didn't strike gold


That great golden yellow I pulled from the dye pot the other day?  Turns out it wasn't the cedar.  What you see in my hand there is a the result of using cedar only.  (I did it twice, just to be sure)  Chokecherry alone gave me a tan also, so is it the combo of the two that produced that yellow color?


I guess I'll have to try again.  Crossing my fingers I strike gold.

I'll be putting some new goods in my shop tomorrow at noon CST if you'd like to stop by.
I'll be sending a reminder via Facebook and Twitter at noon, if you follow me there.

Have a good day, all.

3 comments:

Cheryl @ handcraftedtravellers said...

Natural dyes can be just like that ;)

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

tell me about dyes & expectations & deceptions .... ahah
xoxo

leFiligree said...

and they both were mordanted with alum? while you are experimenting, add a smidge of washing soda to some of it--i've had it produce nice rosewood tones from birch bark.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails