Sunday, March 25, 2012

lichen gardens and prehistoric fish


I snuck a little bit of time yesterday afternoon, in between taking in a discussion about raptors at the arboretum and popcorn and movie time in the basement, to do a little work with my fingers.


The other day I had cut a little nugget of that chokecherry wood, sanded it smooth, then rubbed it with beeswax and tung oil, to be ready to become a necklace.  I did a little sewing, a lichen-inspired garden of sorts, on a small bit of wool and fit it inside the wood and strung it up on leather.


I cut this piece of wood so I could keep this little inclusion on the side.  It looks like a prehistoric fish to me, which I totally dig. (naturally)

I'll be putting this little garden in my shop on Wed. of this coming week, along with just a few other pieces I've been working on.  More to come.

Have a good and restful Sunday, everyone.



13 comments:

Ellen L. said...

Lisa,
your work is amazing. I love to see what you make.
Have a beautiful Sunday.

Jacqui Wise said...

It really does look like a fossilised fish. How amazing is that. Your little embroidery works so well with the wood.

Allisunny S. said...

o.m.g: Lisa, amazing!!

xoxo
A

vrouw Hommel said...

Beautiful to see!!
groet

Heather M. said...

Very pretty, Lisa. I love the little fish.

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

amazing
I have no other word
oxoxo

Erin said...

What an evocative piece. I bet a few of us will be waiting for when you put it in the shop!!

take care,
Erin

Margie Oomen said...

i am lichen it soooo much

Tara said...

Such an amazing little garden, Lisa. I love Margie's comment. I wish I had thought of it. :0)

Anonymous said...

It's so gorgeous I love it!

k said...

love this - such a great piece. that little detail in the wood is great too.

leFiligree said...

love that nugget of wood! and the teensy lichen crown too

shanalee said...

gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails