Monday, March 18, 2013

back to it

Spring break is over, my boys are back in school, and I'm back to my routine.  Over the break I've been working on some brooches-to-be, shaping them and laying out some backgrounds.  In order to finish a piece like this, to give it details and feeling, I need to be wholly present while working on it and that's not something that comes easy with 4 kids running through the house.

 Over the break I finally treated myself to a little pack of these sodas I've had my eye on, and I'm so glad I did, they're a great treat.  Different, in a delicious sort of way.

My youngest discovered she could climb walls.  Which pretty much sums up a good portion of the week.

I've been told that spring is swiftly approaching but it seems Ma Nature hasn't gotten the message.  We have well over a foot of snow still on the ground with more falling as we speak.

Starting next week I'll have some help with childcare and I'm hoping that will translate to a more productive me, work-wise.  I'm hoping to have those brooches up there finished and ready to share, soon, as well as other pieces I have in the works including project stones.

There is much to do.
So off I go.

Have a good start to the week, everyone.

9 comments:

Brittan said...

all sounds wonderful!
can't wait to see more as you work on the brooches, as I adore your felted stones!
I have to say it, but I wouldn't mind a little more snow here (or at least up in vermont) so I can go snowboarding at least one more time before the season is over.
happy almost spring to you!
xo

Katie said...

Those look lovely. And I love your wall climbing daughter! So fun!

Julie Clay Illustration said...

Those backgrounds look gorgeous, makes me think of sky and fields etc. Dandelion and burdock used to be a fave of mine when I was a nipper! I don't know how you do all your delightful art, with kids climbing walls etc, it all looks good fun though.:)

Laura said...

I love those brooches in progress! I thought they were buttons actually. Lovely as they are but it will be exciting to see them in their "frames".

Unknown said...

Hi lisa i am glad you are back! I have been following your blog all winter. this is the first comment I have left you. your work and creativity is amazing. I love to needle felt and your ideas always give me something to thing about! I wish spring would find its way to Maine-guess it wont be today cause we are having a snowstorm thats gonna leave us a foot or more! Looks like we will both be in the snow for a while! Have fun creating!

Anonymous said...

The brooches are so pretty already! I love your mini-masterpieces. x

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Thank you so much, ladies.

Brittan - I'll start fanning our snow your way, okay? :)

Thanks Katie.

Julie - I'm so glad I tried it! A nice little treat.

Laura - I'd love to have little landscape buttons on my clothes. Wouldn't that be fun?

Kristy - thanks for stopping in! You have fun creating too. I hope the snow gives you a break soon.

Thanks nini. xo

MagaMerlina said...

I just found your blog and your beautiful work. I'm madly in love with your embroidered felted stones. I checked your tutorial and I'm very tempted to try. Will be coming back a lot and will be checking your shop.

julochka said...

i tried to comment on this one via the iPad and i knew it didn't take...grr....i know i said something completely witty about erin's not entirely surprising wall-climbing, but of course, i can't reconstruct it. boo to the blogger gods...but bravo to erin - she must have good stomach muscles!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails