Monday, March 25, 2013

new brooches today

Over the weekend I finished needling those brooches I've been working on, and cut and sanded the wood bases too.  These 7 pieces will make their appearance in my shop today at 3pm CST.

 As always, they tell stories about places I'd like to be, places I've been, places where I imagine one could find some quiet peace.  You might have noticed there are no man-made structures in my pieces.  That's on purpose.  There might be fields and meadows, but you won't see barns or red balloons.  Not in these pieces, anyway. (some other time, maybe)  These are all very quiet.

 Some tell of moonlit swims, some of trips to the mountains with my father.  Some remind me of flying on cliffs above Lake Superior (remind me to tell you of my "flying" habit one day).  Others of quiet places I've only dreamed of.

If these move you, or if you know someone who might enjoy them, I'd be so grateful if you'd spread the word.

I do have a number of other pieces started, I'm still in the mood for making brooches, AND I have babysitting help this week so you just might see another update before too long.

Thanks everyone!  Have a great start to the week.



7 comments:

sandrynka said...

there are so wonderfull:)

kisses from Poland:*

Kelli Ann Whyte said...

Ohhhhh, pick one of these seven or wait for the other 16?!?! Tough call...

They are beautiful!

Marilyn said...

3 pm central time means 4 pm eastern time....I must remember I must remember!!!!

Jane Perala said...

Those are beautiful!

prpltrtl946 said...

I can't help myself!! These are AMAZING!! 8*)

I can't find another word...

Unknown said...

Hi lisa your brooches look amazing as always! Love that tree one-I think you have inspired me to make something similiar maybe a necklace pendant! I also want to tell you that you are an amazing photographer. it is hard to get good pictures of jewelry with such tiny details. you rock as always!

Siew said...

Those are fabulous. Now, to site myself near a computer at 3 pm CST!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails