Sunday, October 18, 2015

my bowls for Empty Bowls

Our second annual Empty Bowls fundraiser is coming up this Saturday, and I'm so proud to be a part of this event. Last year we raised $5000 for the local soup kitchen and we hope to raise more this year.

I am donating a couple of bowls this year, including this little mushroom-inspired one, which by the way, has sparked inspiration for me in a big way (more to come, hopefully).


If you are not familiar, Empty Bowls is a nationwide grass roots effort to raise awareness of, and combat, food insecurity in our communities. Next Saturday, Oct. 24th from 11am to 2pm, The Crossing Arts Alliance in Brainerd will be hosting the event at the Franklin Arts Center. For a $20 donation, guests are invited to a simple and delicious meal of soup and bread, and are invited to choose a handmade bowl to keep as a reminder of all the empty bowls in the world.

If you are local, I'd love to see you. I'll be running around but will be adequately name-tagged so please stop me and say hi if you make it out.

I've had a big week and there are other things I'm excited to share with you.
'Til then.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That's a beautiful bowl. Someone gets that AND supper for $20?!? What a steal!

PILAR6373 said...

Me encanta!!!!!
Besos.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails